April 28, 2008

Monday, April 28th

Healthful eating is not an easy task. Nor is losing weight. Even harder is maintaining weight loss.

I know I am not saying anything that you haven't heard before. But some things can stand repeating. I make the above remarks from experience. I consider myself a near expert on weight loss and an expert on weight gain. I can blame my genes, or my metabolism or all the delicious food that there is in this world - but I have no one to blame myself.
I know, it is Monday morning and I am depressing you. Also you might be thinking, "Oh its Monday," and "here is another person talking about starting another diet. How original". Wait. Wait. Before you write me off as another nut - I want to say that I have been on this particular weight loss journey since early January of this year. That makes it almost 4 months since I have been on this weight loss track. A pleasant bonus of this particular weight loss journey has been the ability for me to quit smoking. All this is very exciting to me.
As I look back over these 4 months I am trying to figure out what was different this time. Why will it stick this time? How can I make sure that things will stick this time?
In the coming weeks, months, and who knows ... years, I would like to document my triumphs and roadblocks to weight loss and ultimately healthful living.

Have you ever tried to lose weight? What was most helpful to you and conversely - what was most challenging?

Until I eat again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

weight loss is a tough thing. good luck with your endevours.