April 25, 2008

April 25th, 2008

I have always been skeptical of people who wake up every morning and eat breakfast. No muss no fuss. No thinking what exactly they should have. They don't think that they should save all their calories for the rest of the day. They just wake up and eat fruit, or a piece of toast, oatmeal, or an egg - and go about their day.

Well, I think I now understand what these 'breakfast eating' people are up to. I too have been trying to eat breakfast every day. What it has done for me is set a tone for the rest of the day. In my mind, I have started the new day with the intention of eating mindfully all day. Scientists or nutritionists may say that by eating breakfast I have just kick started my metabolic machine for the day. That may be true. All I know is that when I eat breakfast I tend to make better choices about what I eat for the rest of the day.

What do you think of the importance of breakfast? Do you eat it reluctantly, or feel that it is an important meal of your day? And what do you like to eat for breakfast?

Since I am new to this breakfast game, I usually have 1 toasted piece of bread with some peanut butter, or cereal with a banana. Occasionally, I will have an egg or oatmeal.

Until we eat again!

No comments: