April 22, 2008

April 22nd, 2008

Today is Earth Day everybody.
We have just one Earth - just like we have just one life - so lets take care of both.

I was born in India but the United States of America has been my home for over 20 years. I grew up very differently than how I live my life today. One thing that is very different is how much waste we create in this country- all the paper towels and the plastic covered this, that and the other. I think because of the nature of my formative years - I never really used paper products and plastic water bottles with abandon - like many people I know do. I just never understood the concept of drinking from disposeable cups when in your own home. But I have added my share to the All American Garbage Dump.

I am so happy that finally we are talking about conserving and trying to be less wasteful as a society. I am confident that in the very near future it will once again be chic to use cloth napkins and turn off the lights in the room that you are not sitting in.
This is my wish for us.

What are you doing to help our Earth - our only home?

Until we eat again!

No comments: