February 23, 2007

February 2007

I was at Starbucks, my office a couple of days ago and wrote 2 posts that I lost. Was extremely frustrated. So I am going to try again. And no, I am not at a Starbucks right now - I am at my home office.

So I mentioned that I had a sushi lunch the other day. Something that I didn't realize that I had missed so much until I had it. There are a few sushi restaurant in Delhi now but couldn't find anyone to go with me. I did have what was called sashimi at a restaurant called Nu Delhi. Its a french restaurant but the menu said otherwise. I hate to see menus that are a mile long. Having worked in kitchens and eaten in good restaurants, the longer the menu the lower the standards are, in my opinion. Anyway, this place had an appetizer that said Sashimi in their special sauce or marinade. I had to try it even though it was hopelessly over priced. It was not revelatory but it did seem a bit odd to me to be sitting in the middle of Delhi and eating raw fish - even if it was quite "overcooked" in the acid. It was not all that bad. I am still here to tell the story - so how bad could it have been. I might be sounding derogatory to some diehard delhite but I hate from that city too and am used to eating chaat or going to a hotel for chinese food when we went out to eat. There weren't the choices that there are now like Mediterranean, Lebanese, French and American. So don't blame me for my surprise.

I was also complaining in my lost post that I am not getting as many comments as I would like. It is really tough blogging in a vacuum. Please comment and please spread the word. In 6 months I intend on being listed on the Epicurious website's blogs to read. Help me get there.

Until next time.

No comments: